Studio Info / Etiquette
110 Sutter Street
San Francisco, California 94104
View in Google Maps
Mysore SF is located in the Financial District of San Francisco on Sutter Street between Kearny and Montgomery.
There are limited meters but several garages in the Financial District. The Sutter-Stockton garage a few blocks away is the most affordable.
Public trans? Mysore SF is located near several public transportation options, including the Montgomery BART station. Plan your trip at the SFMTA website.
Amenities and Helpful Info
- Hot towels infused in essential oils are provided to help you ‘freshen up’ (no showers)
- Please bring towels for your practice
- Mats can be rented for $2
- Please refrain from eating 2 hours prior to practice and 30 mins after practice
- Please bathe before practice
- Please ensure your mat, rug, towel and other yoga gear are clean and odor free
- Please refrain from wearing scented products (perfumes, deodorants, etc)
- Please refrain from wearing lotions, moisturizers or oils (makes skin slippery making it difficult to adjust safely)
- Please communicate any injuries or illnesses to the teacher
- Enjoy your practice
Students New to Mysore
- Please contact Tonya prior to beginning your practice at Mysore SF
- Please read through all content covered in The Practice
- If door is locked; please call to be let inside the building 1-415-658-7337
- Please read and observe all class etiquette mentioned above
- Enjoy your practice
Starting a Practice at Mysore SF
The style of yoga practiced at Mysore SF is part of a long tradition, but may be different from what you have experienced at other yoga studios. Students of Mysore SF are required to commit to a daily practice (5-6 days a week), and space in classes may be limited. For these reasons, we ask that you contact Tonya before arriving for your first class.
Primary Series Led Classes are NOT for learning the Ashtanga sequence or postures. This class is for Mysore students to fine tune vinyasas and better understand proper breathing, timing, and rhythm. If you’re curious about Mysore Ashtanga please contact Tonya for further information.
Students with an Established Practice Visiting Mysore SF
- Important note for visiting students. Magnolia’s teachings focus on the Tristhana method and place strong importance on the foundations of the practice. Visitors are welcome though may be stopped sooner than expected in order to address instabilities or inconsistencies in the basics. Any questions please contact Tonya
- If door is locked (red light will appear on door keypad) please call to be let inside the building 1-415-658-7337
- Please read and observe all studio etiquette mentioned above
- Drop-in rates apply
Drop-ins are for out of town students and/or those with an established practice. This includes Primary Series Led Classes every 2nd and 4th Saturday of each month.
If you have questions about the drop-in policy, please Tonya.
In keeping with the Mysore tradition, rest days are Sundays and moon days. Mysore SF practice space will be closed on these days.
For a full schedule of classes, teachers, and moon days, see the Schedule page.
Direct all inquiries to Tonya
Like us on Facebook!